Albertson's:

I know I've talked quite a bit about multiple transactions, but really haven't broken it up for you to see, so thought I'd do that for you on this shopping trip:
Transaction #1:
3 pkgs Charmin Toilet Paper (12 double roll pkgs)
On sale for $6.99 each
Had 3 $1 coupons from the P&G coupon booklet
Had 2 doubler coupons from an Albertson's mailer ($1 each)
$6.99 x 3 = $20.97
subtract 3 $1 coupons and 2 doubler coupons ($1 each) = $20.97-$5 = $15.97
add tax = $1.42
Total Spent = $17.39
Total Saved = $17.00
Also received a $5 and a $3 catalina since these are items from the P&G Promo going on.
This is a great deal on toilet paper (for the 3 packages I bought, they averaged $3.65 a piece if I include sale, coupons, and the catalina). Why didn't I buy more? Well, a couple of reasons. First, I only had 3 $1 coupons. Second, I only had 2 doubers coupons. And third, for those of you who remember my post on The Great Toilet Paper Purchase of 2008, you'll remember that I have plenty of toilet paper. However, that doesn't prevent me from picking up a few packages here and there when it's a great deal - I do need to backfill what we've used since then. :)
Transaction #2:
2 boxes Kellogg's Raisin Bran
2 Mission Tortillas
2 Cherry Pepsi 2-liters
2 Danimals Smoothie Drinks
2 Danimals Crush Cups Yogurt 4 pk
1 Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt 6 pk
Used in ad coupon for Raisin Bran (makes each box $1.49, limit of 2 items)
Used 1 IP coupon for $1.50 off of 2 boxes of Kellogg's Raisin Bran
Used in ad coupon for Mission Tortillas (makes each $.97)
Used 2 $1 internet printable coupons for the Mission Tortillas
Used in ad coupon for Pepsi and Mt. Dew 2-liters (makes each $.79)
Used 2 $1 coupons for the Danimals Smoothies
Used 2 $1 coupons for the Danimals Crush Cups
Used 1 $1 coupon for the Dannon Light & Fight Yogurt
Since my Dannon items totalled $10, I got an additional $2 off with the Dannon Promo
Used my $5 catalina from the P&G Promo from my first transaction
Here's the math for you number lovers like me:
Sale Prices (how they rung up):
$1.67 x 2 = $3.34 (Raisin Bran)
$1.50 x 2 = $3.00 (Mission Tortillas)
$1.20 x 2 = $2.40 (Cherry Pepsi)
$2.00 x 2 = $4.00 (Danimals Smoothies)
$2.00 x 2 = $4.00 (Danimals Crush Cups)
$2.00 x 1 = $2.00 (Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt)
Total = $18.74
In ad coupons:
$.18 x 2 = $.36 (Raisin Bran: $1.67-$.18 = $1.49 each)
$.53 x 2 = $1.06 (Mission Tortillas: $1.50-$.53 = $.97 each)
$.41 x 2 = $.82 (Cherry Pepsi: $1.20-$.41 = $.79 each)
Total = $2.24
Internet/Paper coupons:
$1.50 x 1 = $1.50 (Raisin Bran)
$1.00 x 2 = $2.00 (Mission Tortillas)
$1.00 x 2 = $2.00 (Danimals Smoothies)
$1.00 x 2 = $2.00 (Danimals Crush Cups)
$1.00 x 1 = $1.00 (Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt)
Total = $8.50
Subtotal = $18.74 - $2.24 - $8.50 = $8.00
Subtract $2.00 for Dannon Promo = $8.00 - $2.00 = $6.00
Subtract $5.00 Catalina from P&G Promo = $6.00 - $5.00 = $1.00
add tax = $.43
Total Spent = $1.43
Total Saved = $31.79
I know that was a lot of stuff, but hopefully it helps you see how you can break things up into multiple transactions in order to use your coupons and catalinas in the most effective way.
Totaling Both Transactions:
Total Spent = $18.82
Total Saved = $48.79
(And I still have the $3 catalina to use if I decide to pick up the specified P&G items that it specifies it must be used on!)
Smith's:

Items Purchased (all in 1 transaction):
4 gallons milk
~3.5 lbs grapes
4 pkgs Cache Valley String Cheese (we're cheese lovers and only like this brand of string cheese, so it was a steal at this price, hence the reason I picked up 4 pkgs of 36 - good thing it's good until September - but don't worry, we'll have it eaten in about a month!)
Total Spent = $38.71
Total Saved = $14.64
(Most of this savings was with the cheese since other items were the perishables I needed for the week.)
Walgreen's:

Items Purchased (all in 1 transaction):
2 pkgs Quilted Northern Toilet Paper
2 boxes Glad Cling Wrap
Used 2 $1 coupons for the Quilted Northern
Used 1 $1 off of 2 coupon for the Glad Cling Wrap
Used in ad coupon for the Quilted Northern
Used in ad coupon for the Glad Cling Wrap
(Don't worry, I won't type all of this out for you like I did above)
Total Spent = $14.44
Total Saved = $11.00
So you're probably wondering what the "so far" thing was in the title of this post right? Well, since I'm completely crazy, I was at Albertson's at 6am this morning doing my shopping. Once I got home, my Mom called to let me know about the doubler coupons she found in the Deseret News. I picked up two copies of the Deseret News while I was out shopping at Smith's, so now I have 2 sets of 4 doubler coupons and I'm now contemplating going back to pick up a few more things since I have more doubler coupons that will help make a bunch of things a much better deal.
If you want more information on the deals going on this week, see my previous post and check out the lists on Grocery Smarts or PYP for details!
3 comments:
That is awesome, but I am completely lost as to how to organize my lists, I think I am going to save that for you to help me out with :) I have so many things that I want to buy, but need help on how to arrange them into different transactions. Also, I read all of your comments on PYP, you did very good!! And everyone seems to love your help, as do I!!! I think Kylie even made a comment on Good or Free deals for Target, not sure if it is her, but the comment sure sounds like her. How fun, I have FAMOUS sisters!! haha! See you tomorrow, and expect many questions when you get there :)
Getting the lists set just right - that's always the hardest part! I'll definitely try to help to see if we can figure out the most logical way to do it. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
Oh man, I'm jealous! I'll try and be down as soon as I can so I can get on some of this "helping" action! :) See you today!
Post a Comment