1. Watching for sales
2. Using coupons
3. Stocking up
I'm just going to start with the first one for this post, in order to keep things manageable.
So the first step is to shop the ads. Mostly we're talking Albertson's, Smith's, and the Associated Food Stores (such as Macey's, Kohler's, Dick's, etc.). The ads for Albertson's and Smith's run from Wednesdays to Tuesdays (at least here in Utah). You can get copies of the ad from your local Sunday newspaper or in the mail, I actually get mine on Tuesdays in a Red Plum Ad that comes in the mail.

If you don't live near a Smith's or Albertson's, then it might be difficult to get an ad delivered to you, but if nothing else, you can view the ads online. Here are the websites for the ones that I know are available online:
Albertson's: http://www.albertsons.com
Smith's: http://www.smithsfoodanddrug.com
Dick's: http://www.dicksmarket.com
Macey's: http://www.maceys.com
The rest of the Associated Stores are pretty hit and miss with their ads, I know that the Kohler's ad wasn't online last time I checked. On each of the sites, there will some kind of a link that says View Weekly Ad or Weekly Ad - something to that effect. Simply click on it and follow the steps either clicking on other links or entering your zip code and you should get to the ad to view.
By shopping the ads and buying things when they are on sale, you can save a bunch of money. In order to figure out if things on sale are a good deal or not and how to use the ads with coupons for even better savings, check back tomorrow to see the next post about using coupons!
4 comments:
Hey just so you are aware. I don't know if it is me or not, but your grocery smarts link on the right side is not brining up the page. Is there a typo in the address or is it just my computer? Can't wait until you start listing good deals for the week! :)
Nope it wasn't just you, I did miss a y in the web address. Thanks for letting me know, I hadn't gotten around to checking the ones that weren't blogs. We should be all set now.
This is great. One thing I would add. Make sure you are going to use what you buy. No matter the price if you don't use it you might as well just throw the money away. Mom
I found your website through the Rogers' blog. I am so excited you are sharing your tips and expertise. I need all the help I can get.
Question for you, I am a little frustrated because I stocked up on GM cereals during the summer (like 20 boxes) and am discovering the date on top is for 10/09 or 11/09 which is now. What do you do to minimize waste from expiration?
Post a Comment