Tuesday, March 3, 2009

When Do the Lists Come Out?

Right off the bat, you would think the answer should be when the ads start right? Well, if you're using the Grocery Smarts Websites, then the answer is yes. However, if you're using the Pinching Your Pennies Website, a few of the lists actually come out a day or two early as previews. This makes it nice, especially for big sales. For example, here in Utah County, there are a lot of people that coupon and shop the sales, so for big sales, I know that some items I want will be sold out in the first hour or so of the sale. So if I really want it, and not have to worry about going back to see if they haven't gotten any more in later, I need to be there when the stores open. So you can imagine how useful it is to have the preview of the ads a day or two early and have everything planned and ready to go before Wednesday hits.

The reasoning above is why I use both the Grocery Smarts and Pinching Your Pennies websites together. I absolutely love the features of the Grocery Smarts website and the ability you have to shrink/add/reduce/print/etc. your list to be just as you need it. But there is the drawback of not being able to see the lists early. Conversely, I love the Pinching Your Pennies website because of the forums, online and around town deal listings, and the fact that the lists for most of the stores are available early. Luckily the lists are the same for each of the sites, so you don't have to choose one over the other.

As far as the lists, here's what I've found as to when they come out (on average):
Grocery Smarts
All lists available on the day the ad comes out
- Albertson's, Smith's, Macey's, some Associated Stores - Wednesday
- Walgreen's - Sunday/Monday
- Other Associated Stores (with ads that run Sunday - Saturday) - Sunday/Monday

Pinching Your Pennies
- Albertson's - Monday afternoons
- Smith's - late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning
- Macey's - Monday afternoons
- Associated Food Stores - Sunday/Monday

In other words, the Albertson's, Macey's, and Associated Food Stores lists for the ads that start tomorrow are already available on the Pinching Your Pennies website. Macey's and the Associated Food Stores are starting their caselot sales tomorrow. Albertson's has a couple of promos this week: One is a P&G/Quaker promo where you get a catalina for $5 off your next shopping order (OYNSO) when you purchase $20 worth of participating products, the second is a Johnson and Johnson promo where you get a catalina for $10 OYNSO when you purchase $30 worth of participating products. Good deals this week, take a look at the lists to see all the savings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jerrilyn,

Just wanted to say thank you for the run-down yesterday! So fun to meet you guys- I can't wait to get saving tons of $$$!! Thanks again!
Mindi