Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Good Deals for the Week!

Here are the good deals worth noting for the week:

Albertson's:
- Strawberries - $1.49/lb, sold in a 4 lb container for $5.96
- Gatorade (32 oz) - $1 each, extra promo: buy 4 get 1 free, makes them $.80 each
- Kellogg's cereal promo - buy 3, get a gallon of milk free, with coupon certain varieties of cereal as lost as $.97. Additional promo info: buy 5, get 2 gallons of milk and buy 7, get 3 gallons of milk.
- Kraft mac and cheese - $.49 each with in store coupon
- M&M's - $1.38 with in store coupon and paper coupon
- Freschetta pizza - $2.99
- Snuggle Fabric Softener - $1.99
- Suave Body Wash, Shampoo, and Conditioner - $1.00 - $1.42 depending on available coupon, additional promo that starts Sunday: buy $10 worth of products get $3 OYNSO
- Kraft Promo: Buy $10 in participating Products, get $3 back instantly. Items worth noting: Capri sun, Chips ahoy cookies, Crystal Light, Jello pudding, Kraft bagelfuls, Kraft BBQ sauce, Kraft cheese (see list for additional promo), Nabisco 100 calorie packs, Taco Bell salsa, Taco Bell taco sauce, Taco Bell dinner kits, Taco Bell taco shells.
- Don't forget to send in a comment to Albertson's to receive additional coupons in the mail. Details available on the PYP website under the Albertson's forum.

Smith's:
- Red or green seedless grapes - $.99/lb
- Lettuce - $.99 a head
- Roma tomatoes - $.99/lb
- Kraft Cheese, 6-8 oz. bars or shredded - $1.49 each
- Mountain Dairy Gallon Milk, whole, 2%, 1% or Skim - $1.49
- Pillsbury Grands Biscuits - $.85
- Pillsbury Pizza Crust - $.60 - $.80 depending on coupon
- Smith's Large Eggs, dozen - $1
- Kroger OJ, 1/2 gallon - $1
- Kroger Tortilla Chips, 10 oz. - $1
- Smith's Bread, 24 oz. large white or sandwich - $1
- Quaker Sale: Save $4 instantly when you buy any combination of 4 Quaker items. Essentially a saving of $1 each when you buy 4. Good deals! Granola bars as low as $.49, cereal as low as $.99, and more! See Smith's list for details. Can only get $8 off (2 groups of 4) per transaction.

Associated Food Stores (Macey's, Dick's, Kohler's, Kent's, etc.):
- Shur Saving Gallon Milk, 1%, 2% or Skim - $1.59
- Western Family Cottage Cheese, 16 oz. - $.99
- Coke Products, 2 liter - $1 each when you buy 4 and use in store coupon
- Shasta Soda Pop, 2 liter - $.69
- Taco Bell Refried Beans, 16 oz. - $.67
- Taco Bell Taco Shells, 10-12 ct. - $.88
- In additon, Macey's has the following on sale: Strawberries, 1 lb. package - $1.49; Western Family Large Eggs, dozen - $.99; Western Family Yogurt, 8 oz. - $.33; Big Buy Bacon, 16 oz. - $1.25; TJ Farms Hashbrowns, 24-32 oz. - $.99

Walgreen's:
- Huggies Jumbo Pack Diapers or Training Pants - $8.49
- Gillette Fusion Razor - $.99
- Pledge Products, 9.7 to 16 oz - $1.25
- Oust, 10 oz - Free-$1.50
- Arm & Hammer Detergent, 26 to 32 Loads, Limit 4 - B1G1 - 2/$6.99


Hope that helps you in planning out your lists for the week! Keep in mind that Smith's will be starting their caselot sale next week on April 1st, so get prepared to stock up on some good deals!

Also, since someone recently asked the question about where I buy my perishables (milk, bread, eggs, produce, etc. that you can't really "stock up" on), I thought I'd tell you my experience today. I went to Albertson's and bought a bunch of their promo items, spent $19.97 and saved $33.35. The thing I wanted to point out was my trip to Smith's. For the first time in a long time, my purchase at Smith's didn't contain any coupons or special promos. I basically bought perishables and still saved money. Here's what I bought (sorry I forgot to take a picture for you to see):

Items:
5 gallons milk
4 1/2 gallons of OJ
3 Kraft cheese
1 dozen eggs
1 lb green grapes
2 tomatoes
1 head lettuce

Total Spent: $25.85
Total Saved: $13.51


Granted, not as spectacular as when you buy things using coupons, but keep in mind that these are perishables and don't "usually" have a lot of coupons, but even just picking them up on sale saved me over $13 and I didn't have to go to Walmart to get them. So when you find yourself getting to the near stocked stage, keep an eye out to see if any of the stores you are shopping at for spectacular coupon deals also have the perishables you need on sale as well. For example, either Albertson's or Smith's usually has milk, eggs, bread, and produce on sale. More than likely you'll be able to pick up most if not all of your perishables there and save yourself a trip to another store!

If you have questions or comments, please don't hesitate to let me know! Either leave me a comment on the blog or email me at jjzhawks@hotmail.com. Also, please share your shopping successes as well! We all love to see the good deals others are getting.

Happy Shopping!!

7 comments:

Parker Family said...

How did you get granola bars from Smiths for 49 cents, when I figured it out with my coupons, they were a little over a dollar each??

Parker Family said...

Also, have you tried to print the link for the pepsi, mtn dew 12 packs (the link should print out a coupon Buy 2 get 1 free) I tried on both of my computers/printers and couldn't get it to print?? (Albertsons preview)

Hawks Family said...

The granola bars that end up being $.49 are the fiber or true delights, not the regular ones. I think those end up being around $1, someone on the forums asked and the lady said she still thought $1 was a 4 or 5 star deal. I didn't try to print the coupon, but heard a lot of people were having issues. Didn't read about anyone solving it though. I'll give it a try and see if I can get it to work.

Hawks Family said...

Couldn't get it to print, but found a solution. Go to PYP, forums, then Printing Pennies. Go to page 4 and look at post #36 - supposedly that helped a bunch of people get it printed. Before you do though, you should know that it's a coupon related to diet pepsi only, nothing on any of the other pepsi products. Just thought I'd mention that in case that isn't what you're looking for.

Kylie said...

I got Chewy Granola Bars for $.99 at Smith's yesterday. I printed a coupon for $1.00/2. It is in the section B of the coupons, on the grocery smarts page. They didn't list it on the website, but I was just browsing and found it when I was looking for the Cinnamon life coupon, and realized that it was a better coupon than what they had listed. So I bought 4 boxes of Cinnamon Life, and 4 boxes of the chewy granola bars each for $.99 (that includes using coupons and the $4.00 off promo).

Parker Family said...

Thanks, to both of you!!

Parker Family said...

FYI: I did try that new way of getting the pepsi coupon to print...still wasn't working, I wonder if it is one of those coupons that won't print out if you have Windows Vista ?? No biggy, I don't necessarily NEED pop anyways :)