Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday Morning Shopping

Yes, as stated in the title, I head out this morning to make a few purchases. A few turned into more than I planned and I came home with only 1 set of doublers left and 7 different receipts. The worst part? Well, I realized that I got so occupied getting all of the great deals, that I forgot to pick up a few perishables while I was out! I completely forgot to write those perishables on my shopping list and was in and out of the stores only buying what was on my list! Thank goodness my dear husband drives by Smith's on the way home from work and is always willing to swing in for me and pick up things I might still need.

So you're wondering what on earth I bought today right? Well, even if you aren't, I'm going to share them anyway. I was back and forth all over town, so don't laugh as I tell you what I bought and in what order (sorry I don't have any pictures, I was in a hurry to get my son picked up from kindergarten and had to put it all away without any snaps of the camera).

Stop #1: Kohler's (my local Associated Food Store)

Items Purchased:
- 10 bottles Gatorade

Coupons Used:
- In ad coupon making each bottle 69 cents when you buy 10

Amount Spent = $7.11
Amount Saved = $9.00

Stop #2: Albertson's in Lehi (my favorite checker let me do 3 separate transactions with my doubler coupons)

Transaction #1 and #2 (exactly the same)

Items Purchased:
- 4 Kellogg's Pop Tarts
- 1 Danimals Crush Cup Yogurt (4pk)
- 3 bags of Albertson's shredded cheese

Coupons Used:
- In ad coupon to make cheese 88 cents each
- 2 of the $1 off of 2 Pop Tarts
- 1 of the $1 off of 1 Danimals Crush Cups
- 3 doubler coupons (each redeemed for $1)

Total Spent = $5.37
Total Saved = $24.79

Transaction #3

Items Purchased:
- 4 Yoplait Go Gurt (8 pks)
- 1 Danimals Crush Cup Yogurt (4pk)
- 3 bags of Albertson's shredded cheese

Coupons Used:
- In ad coupon to make cheese 88 cents each
- 2 of the 75 cents off of 2 Yoplait Go Gurt 8 pks
- 1 of the $1 off of 1 Danimals Crush Cups
- 3 doubler coupons (1 redeemed for $1, 2 redeemed for 75 cents each)

Total Spent = $6.39
Total Saved = $22.43

Stop $3: Albertson's in American Fork (only did 1 transaction there)

Transaction #1

Items Purchased:
- 4 Yoplait Go Gurt (8 pks)
- 1 Danimals Crush Cup Yogurt (4pk)

Coupons Used:
- 2 of the 75 cents off of 2 Yoplait Go Gurt 8 pks
- 1 of the $1 off of 1 Danimals Crush Cups
- 3 doubler coupons (1 redeemed for $1, 2 redeemed for 75 cents each)

Total Spent = $3.67
Total Saved = $13.10

Stop #4: Smith's

Items Purchased:
- 10 bags of Kroger frozen french fries (on sale for 99 cents each - great deal!)

Total Spent = $11.08
Total Saved = $8.10

Stop #5: Kohler's (again, for the exact same purchase as above)

Items Purchased:
- 10 bottles Gatorade

Coupons Used:
- In ad coupon making each bottle 69 cents when you buy 10

Amount Spent = $7.11
Amount Saved = $9.00


So, I got all of the following:
8 Pop Tarts (21-22 oz - the big sized ones!) - 50 cents each
8 Yoplait Go Gurt (8 pks) - 75 cents each
4 Danimals Crush Cups (4 pks) - 49 cents each
9 bags of Albertson's Cheese (8 0z size) - 88 cents each
20 bottles of Gatorade - 69 cents each
10 bags of Kroger freezer fries - 99 cents each

Total Spent = $46.10
Total Saved = $111.21


Not bad for 1 1/2 hours worth of shopping!

1 comment:

Kylie said...

Way to go! That is awesome.