Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Deals for the Week and my Shopping Purchases!

Week 9/16/2009 - 9/22/2009

I wasn't sure what would be happening at the stores in the way of sales this week. Since the local Utah Albertson's were sold, I figure one of these weeks all of the good deals will just all of a sudden stop - but it wasn't the case for this week! They have a couple of great promos going on. Smith's, although continuing the caselot sale from last week, also has a few great promos. Here's a few to be aware of:

Albertson's:
- Campbell's promo: Save $5 on your NEXT shopping order when you spend $15 on participating products. You can get some great deals when you combine the sale prices, catalina, and coupons - for example: Campbell's Chicken Noodle or Tomato soup for $.23 a can, Campbells Chunky/Select Harvest soup for $.59 a can, or V8 Splash for $.83 a bottle! And you don't have to buy a whole case of anything, just enough of the participating products to get to $15! Almost everything is a 4 or 5 star deal.
- Nabisco promo: Save $3 instantly when you buy 4 participating items. A lot of 4 and 5 star deals using this promo too!

Smith's:
- Caselot sale still going on for another week - great deals!
- General Mills Cereal Promo: All sizes and varieties, buy ANY 4 and receive $6 off ($1.50 per box) Limit $12 per transaction. This was a bit confusing since it didn't say anything about the sale price. When I went to the store to check it out, I found out that all of the varieties/sizes are regular price, but all qualify for the $6 off when you buy 4. So you have to just get your coupons ready and head over to see what you can find - remember you get the biggest bang for your buck (using the promo and any coupons) when you buy the smallest box of cereal available. I wrote down a few varities, sizes, and original prices for you to get a feel on how much some thing are, here's what I found:
Cereal/Size/Original Price
Cinnamon Toast Crunch 12.8 oz $3.19
Reese's Puffs 13 oz $2.88
Kix 12 oz $3.15
Chex 14 oz $3.20
Trix 14.8 oz $3.29
Cocoa Puffs 11.8 oz $2.88
Honey Nut Cheerios 12.25 oz $3.06
Lucky Charms 11.5 oz $2.75
Cookie Crisp 11.25 oz $2.88
Total 10.6 oz $3.43
It's not the best deal on all, but for some of them - like Lucky Charms - that haven't been on sale forever, it was a good deal. I mostly bought those and got them for $.75 a box ($2.75 - $1.50 for promo - $.50 coupon), which I thought was a pretty good deal.
- Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks Promotion: Buy any combination of 4 items and receive $4 off (Limit $8 off per transaction). More great deals on fruit snacks, fruit roll-ups, fruit by the foot, etc. Be sure to use the coupons that came in the paper on Sunday!
- Nestle/Kraft Promo: Buy 10 items, get $5 off instantly. Mix or Match. Some pretty good deals on a quite a few things.

As always, check out the lists for details and to see more deals!

I had a couple of pretty successful trips to Albertson's and Smith's, here's what I got:

Albertson's:



Items Purchased (7 different transactions):
- 20 cans Campbell's Chunky Soup
- 20 cans Campbell's Select Harvest Soup
- 20 bottles V8 Splash Juice
- 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers
- 2 Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers
- 3 bags American Beauty Pasta

Promos/Coupons Used:
- 5 $1 off 4 cans Campbell's Chunky Soup
- 10 $0.50 off 2 cans Campbell's Select Harvest Soup
- 10 $1 off 2 bottles V8 Splash Juice
- 2 $2 off 1 Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers
- Campbell's Promo: Spend $15 in participating Campbell's products and receive a $5 catalina - I rolled all catalinas into next transaction - last transaction contained only Healthy Choice and Pasta, so no final catalina (6 transactions x $5 = $30 rolled)

Total Spent = $50.54
Total Saved = $172.03
(that's less than 25% of the original price!)


Smith's:

Item's Purchased (sorry no picture!):
- 8 boxes Fruit by the Foot / Fruit Roll-ups
- 8 boxes General Mills Cereal (1 Trix, 1 Cookie Crisp, 6 Lucky Charms)

Promos/Coupons Used:
- BC Fruit Snack Promo - buy 4 items, save $4 instantly (bought 8 items, saved $8)
- GM Cereal Promo - buy 4 items, save $6 instantly (bought 8 items, saved $12)
- 4 $.50 off 2 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks, Fruit Roll-ups, Fruit-by-the-Foot, etc.
- 2 $1 off 2 General Mills Cereal
- 1 $1 off 3 General Mills Cereal
- 1 $.55 off 1 box Trix Cereal

Total Spent = $13.51
Total Saved = $25.55

(Plus I also got 2 GM Cereal catalinas after I paid - $2 off any 5 and $1.50 off any 3, so I could go back and do the cereal deal again!)

Hope you're able to find some great deal out there - HAPPY SHOPPING!

1 comment:

Jense Family said...

You are awesome thanks for sharing!