I didn't post anything last week because there really wasn't anything to post about. I didn't even go out shopping for anything other than milk and some produce. This week, however, is much different, so I figured I'd tell you about a few things and share what I bought.
First of all, no ad for Albertson's this week - at least for areas where the local stores have been sold to Associated. I found out that the switch-over was delayed and didn't happen last weekend as planned. I've heard that it will be this weekend, but no guarantees since it's been postponed twice now. There are a few stores in the Salt Lake and Provo areas that didn't get sold and have some pretty good deals this week, but only those stores will be honoring the sale prices. From what I've heard, these stores will continue to be Albertson's until sometime around the first of the year and then close completely. You can check out the PYP/GS lists to see the location of those stores and what the deals are. Honestly, I didn't see anything that hasn't been on sale recently, but check it out if you live near one - it might be worth the trip!
The good deals I wanted to share this week are at Smith's. They are having one of their Mega Sales Events for the next two weeks - basically buy 10 participating items and get $5 off instantly. There are a ton of items in the sale and a bunch of great deals! Again, check out the PYP/GS lists for further details. Also, they are having a Halloween sale tomorrow and Saturday (10/30-10/31) where a bunch of halloween decorations, costumes, and food are on sale for great deals. So be sure to make note of those deals as well.
My family and I (yes, I took the whole clan with me) went to Smith's yesterday to buy our cart full of items from the Mega Sale. I didn't get a chance to get a picture (sorry about that), but here are the details of my purchase:
Items Purchased:
- 9 cans of Hormel Chili
- 5 bottles Gatorade
- 8 bottles Propel
- 2 12-pks Quilted Northern
- 2 pkgs Stayfree Maxi Pads
- 3 Danimals Crush Cups Yogurt
- 4 Tombstone Pizzas
- 2 Lays Potato Chips
- 2 Fritos Corn Chips
- 3 boxes Cheez It Crackers
- 5 12-pks Pepsi (not included in the Mega Event, but my husband was going through Wild Cherry Pepsi withdrawals!)
Coupons / Promos Used:
- Mega Sale Event: bought 40 items, saved $20 instantly
- 3 $2 off 3 cans Hormel Chili (made them $.12 each)
- 2 $1 off 1 12-pks of Quilted Northern (made them $4.49 each)
- 1 $2 off 2 pkgs Stayfree Maxi Pads (made them $1 each)
- 3 $1 off 1 pks Danimals Crush Cups Yogurt (made them $.49 each)
- 2 $1.50 off 2 Tombstone Pizzas (made them $1.24 each)
- Pepsi Promo: Buy 4 12-pks Pepsi, get 1 12-pk free (made them $2.60 each)
Total Spent = $49.50
Total Saved = $78.74
Plus I got a $.10 fuel reward to fill up our car with gas!
So if you're in need of some of the items included in the Smith's Mega Event Sale, now's a great time to stock up! Also, if you go to the PYP Smith's Forum for this week, there is a post that contains all of the items included in the sale (as you know, there's always more than listed in the ad), so be sure to check out that post for more details! Good luck and Happy Shopping!
Albertson's - sale good 1/7 - 1/13
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment